of Architecture, Art and Design
ISSN (online) 2532-683X
ISSN (print) 2464-9309
SDG 1 | No Poverty
Goal 01 | End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Despite considerable progress in the fight against poverty since 1990, over 800 million people, 70% of whom are women, still live in extreme poverty. The new Sustainable Development Agenda will now aim to eradicate extreme poverty by 2030. Besides aiming to eradicate extreme poverty, Goal 1 takes a comprehensive approach to poverty as a whole by including a target on relative poverty based on national definitions. The poor are particularly vulnerable to economic and political crises, loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services, and natural disasters and violence. To ensure that people who have escaped poverty do not fall back into it, this goal also envisages measures to strengthen livelihood resilience, including the establishment of social security systems.
- Target 1.1 | By 2030, eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere, currently measured as people living on less than $1.25 a day.
- Target 1.2 | By 2030, reduce at least by half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions according to national definitions.
- Target 1.3 | Implement nationally appropriate social protection systems and measures for all, including floors, and by 2030 achieve substantial coverage of the poor and the vulnerable.
- Target 1.4 | By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.
- Target 1.5 | By 2030, build the resilience of the poor and those in vulnerable situations and reduce their exposure and vulnerability to climate-related extreme events and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters.
- Target 1.a | Ensure significant mobilization of resources from a variety of sources, including through enhanced development cooperation, in order to provide adequate and predictable means for developing countries, in particular least developed countries, to implement programmes and policies to end poverty in all its dimensions.
- Target 1.b | Create sound policy frameworks at the national, regional and international levels, based on pro-poor and gender-sensitive development strategies, to support accelerated investment in poverty eradication actions.
Nothing has been published in this category yet.